Friday, October 10, 2014

APOLOGIES FOR NON ATTENDANCE: Candidates Forum Monday Oct 13

Foreword: The Ratepayers Forum was announced in the press more than 4 days ahead, and the reason for the delay in sending out the questions was because quite a number of candidates did not include contact information other than a mobile phone number. In the interests of fairness, we were not prepared to issue the questions to anyone until all candidates had been located so that the issue was simultaneous.

NB: All candidates offering an apology have been, or will be, invited to provide answers to our written questions in time for publication prior to Monday's Forum. Alternatively they can post their answers on this site OR direct ratepayers and residents to an alternative site where they have answered  the questions.

APOLOGIES
Mayor Albert van Zetton
Dear Lionel,
Thanks for your invitation to the forum. Unfortunately I have another commitment on Monday night. As you would be aware I have many demands on my time and would have appreciated more than the 4 days notice.
Regards,
Albert
Mayor Again
Dear Lionel,
I apologise as some events are omitted. I attended the Royal Launceston Show Society function on behalf of the city. They appreciated my presence and were aware I would be late depending on the time I was allocated at the Cityprom forum.
I am always available to all ratepayers during the year. Extremely difficult
and I believe unreasonable to completely clear my diary during the election
period as mayor.
I missed the press announcement.
Regards
Albert 

Ald. Tony Peck
Thanks for the invitation.  I am sending my apology as I have another commitment. Not enough notice given for this meeting.
Tony Peck

Ald Jim Cox 
Hi Lionel
Am  just checking e-mails and was surprised (no..very surprised ) to see your forum invitation giving such short notice As you would be well aware most people (including you ) commit to attend events well in advance of the date and in the past you have followed that process giving candidates reasonable warning , however , I think probably like me. some may have already made other arrangements for Mon. night consequently I will be an apology

The dates for the process of this election have been well documented and I would have thought that if you were genuinely seeking Candidates comments  you would have advised them as soon as  possible after they were announced (not with 2 days  notice ) If you intend to read out/publish apologies can I respectfully request that you use this unedited e-mail as my formal apology 
Regards…….Jim 

Ald.Ted Sands 
Hi Lionel,
l will be an apology for Monday night, we have council on the same day and l am committed to a function in the evening l hope it goes well Ted

Ald. Danny Gibson
Dear Mr Morrell
Thank you for your E-mail. I regret that I must be record my apologies, due to the lateness of the notice provided.
 I found this to be a great forum a few years back and I wish your organisation all the best.
 Kind regards
 Danny
Sent: Friday, 10 October 2014 8:21 AM

CANDIDATE: Leon Cooper 

Dear Lionel Morrel
I would like to decline the invitation to attend the Tasmanian Ratepayers Associations "Candidates Forum".

I'm not interested in the concerns of Launceston rate payers. It's the $32,427 per year allowance for only having to work one day a month, that I am interested in. 

If I am elected. Tax payers won't have to give me a Newstart Allowance.

Robert Dombrynsky runs the city. Members of council could sit on 20 different committtes and still achieve nothing. We need to do away with local government all together.

If I am elected I can put a motion forward that the council is reduced to only 6 Aldermen.

Also I will not go on a so called "study trip". With travel, accommodation and food. All provided for by the rate payer.

Kindest Regards

CANDIDATE: Emma Williams

Dear Lionel,
Thank you very much for the invitation to attend Monday's forum. Unfortunately, due to a prior commitment, I will need to tender my apology for the event.  Judging by the questions, the conversation looks like being a thorough and interesting one.  In lieu of being present on Monday, I would be happy to meet in person to discuss these issues at a suitable time, if that would be of interest to you.  As I'm sure you are aware, any alderman is only one of twelve elected, and a considered but candid response is important, so while respecting the traditions of the campaign process in Launceston (in which I am unable to participate on Monday, I'm afraid) I would appreciate the ability to have a discussion with yourself on behalf of the ratepayers of Launceston (of which, of course, I am one myself).
Please feel free to contact me by phone.
Regards,
Emma Williams   0417076371
Greens Candidate for Launceston City Council

CANDIDATE: Thane Brady 
Hello. 
I have this evening received messages Lionel has left for me on my mobile telephone.  This is my contact Email address
Please also pass on my unavailability to attend the LCC candidate forum of 13th of this. At such short notice I am unable to change my commitment for Monday night. 
Thane Brady 
Thane Brady Again
 Lionel
I will not be responding to your questions. Anything you or any of your members wish to know about me can be viewed by vising my Face Book page.   
Thank you
Thane Brady

CANDIDATE: Robin McKendrick 

Lionel  Thanks for invite however I will not be able to attend due to prior commitment. As soon as election announced apart from normal commitments my dairy was open to any person or organisation to contact me, a number did and appointments made, unfortunately some clash as this one. I would point out that I have been in contact with Brighton Council re rate system 3-4 months ago and intend to and intend to have council discuss and invite Brighton to a meeting of Aldermen before rates 2015/16     Robin McKendrick

CANDIDATE: McKenzie, Hugh 
Hi Lionel,
It is disappointing that the invitation to your Forum has come so late as I have a number of engagements already booked for Monday night and I may not be able to attend. I will however endeavour to rearrange things to enable my attendance and I will let you know if I can make it. I will at least provide responses to your questions.
Regards Hugh


Tasmanian Ratepayers Association Inc.
 Candidates Forum' for Ratepayers, Residents and Candidates 
Heather Hall, 64 Robin Street (Cnr. Penquite Road) Newstead 
Monday 13th October at 7.00pm 
Independent Chairman Mr. Owen Tilbury 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LEON COOPER hang your head in shame.
Legalizing marijuana is NOT a local government issue.
How dare you say you are not interested in the concerns of Launceston ratepayers - just in it for the money so you can beat living off the dole.
You BLUDGER, you don't deserve a single vote and certainly not from me !!

Dancing Lad 20:1 odds-on favourite said...

Gawd Mandy, won't you be a lovely addition to the hat parade at the Launceston Cup.
I DON'T CARE WHETHER YOU CAN READ A BALANCE SHEET OR NOT, YOU WILL DO ME!
Can I vote more than once?