Sunday, October 5, 2014

BULLETIN FROM PARIS

Thank you Banksy Click Here
Here I am sitting in one those wonderful Paris cafes indulging myself and reading The Examiner on my laptop to reinforce my feeling of being away. Silly me. 

Then I read how the university is looking for money, $83 million in fact. And good old Robert Dobrynski offers council’s, or is it his, helping hand and with authority. You have to ask, does he hold the “politicians on council” in contempt.

As I read down a familiar scenario unfolds. Surprise, surprise here we go yet again, the GM, one Mr. Dobrynski, speaking out on the city council’s behalf. Where is the Mayor and where are the aldermen? It’s all in here in the “Consultant to aid $83m uni push” story.

Maybe it is the petrol fumes outside that is turning my brain.

It’s more and more of the same old, same old. The university, or anybody for that matter, begs for something, land, favours, a side deal, anything at all at the ratepayers’ or taxpayers’ expense, and the GM is right there with bells on, tinkle, tinkle, “look at me, look at me, I am in charge here”.

Where is the mayor or for that matter any of the hapless alderman? Why isn’t the mayor responding here? Is it because Mr. Dobrynski cannot trust him? Is it because he has nothing to say? Is it because the GM will not let him? You will have to work all that out. Who is accountable to whom?

Mr. Dobrynski is a serial offender. He has been doing this sort of thing for years. Basically it is why I resolved to stop voting in Launceston Council elections. There is no point really and Paris beckoned. 

So it looks like this, the mayor and aldermen are there for ceremonial purposes only and to sign off on Mr. Dobrynski’s handy work of course. Nice work if you can get it.

But really, why bother holding elections if the candidates’ hopes are going to be dashed by their deemed irrelevance. Perhaps the successful candidates should get a redundancy cheque straight after their inauguration. It would save a lot of money. It would also save any of the conscientious hopefuls amongst them a lot of anxiety.

One Hapless Ratepayer
In Paris until Christmas at least
Get More Banksy Here


1 comment:

RD said...

This Banksy fellow has to be stopped!